Tuesday 15 February 2011

Ok, now this week..

This Monday was Cliff Richards turn again (I swear this is all drawn out of a tin!) We're all going on a...
I have grown up with this film, and have lost count of the number of times I have watched it, which was probably proven by me (and mum!) singing along to every word at the top of our lungs last night!

There isn't really one bad thing I can say about this film, well OK, the cheesy cringy moment of Cliff declaring his love, loud (and long) and clear in the middle could definitely have been left out. Oh, and the weird way they get out of the French court when pulled over for carrying passengers, but other than that I love it! I love the songs, I love the clothes, well the girls dresses, not Cliffs amazing string vest (shudder), I love the bus (who wouldn't want to travel across Europe in a kitted out double decker London bus?) I love it all!

Four London bus engineers kit out a bus to travel to the south of France for their Summer Holiday - simple and uncomplicated right? Wrong, not long after getting to France, the boys mange to run three beautiful girls off the road. Now, I don't know when MOT's became a must, but the girls car definitely would not have passed it! The girls need to make it to Athens for a show - of course, they sing. After a quick decision to change destination the girls climb on board and never look back. Throw in a stow away boy (who is actually a famous American girl singer) picked up in Paris, a company of mime artists, a power and fame hungry mother, some confusion in Yugoslavia between bride and bread and a mad dash to make it to Athens in time to be arrested for kidnap and you have the perfect Summer Holiday right? Oh and with four guys and four girls on board - there is just the right number to all pair up and fall in love.

What can I say - brilliant - Love it!

Mum
  • Rewatchability 7
  • Sing-a-long 8
  • Story/Plot 7
  • Overall 8

Me

  • Rewatchability 8
  • Sing-a-long 9
  • Story/Plot 8
  • Overall 9

Total 64, not quite enough to topple Mamma Mia, but pretty close!

No comments:

Post a Comment